Radiation Professionals Australia were engaged by an Oil & Gas operator to carry out an audit of the fourteen (14) fixed radiation gauges installed and currently in use at their Gas Plant in the north west of WA.
The site audit activities included:
- Site compliance with legislation,
- Review of the Radiation Management Plan/Radiation Protection Plan (including Emergency Procedures),
- Availability and suitability of survey meters,
- Contamination wipe testing,
- And gauge particulars such as general condition of each housing, beam protection, and dose rates at 5 cm and at 1m.